Federation of European Philatelic Associations (FEPA)
FEPA, usually referred to as the European Federation, is the Continental Federation of Europe, currently representing 43 National Philatelic Federations. Established back in 1989, in Sofia, last year FEPA celebrated its 25th anniversary.
According to chapter II of its statutes, the objectives of the European Federation are:
– to coordinate the philatelic activities of the member Federations in Europe,
– to represent a European viewpoint and European interests to other philatelic organizations especially FIP, Continental Federations, Postal and Dealers Organizations,
– to give support to National Member Federations in all philatelic or administrative aspects,
– to promote and stimulate the interest in stamp collecting among young people,
– to promote, to advise and/or organize philatelic events including competitive and non-competitive exhibitions in Europe,
– to encourage the publication and distribution of philatelic literature,
– to issue an official FEPA magazine under the title FEPA News,
– to cooperate in all aspects with FIP to support the FIP aims and activities.
FEPA is administered by its six-member Board of Directors, elected for a four-year term in 2013. President: José Ramón Moreno (Spain); Vice-President: Giancarlo Morolli RDP (Italy); Treasurer: Alfred Kunz (Austria); Secretary: Bojan Bračič (Slovenia); Directors: (Ms.) Birthe King (United Kingdom); Nicos Rangos (Cyprus).
Following the determination of the new President, today the FEPA website (www.fepanews.com) is acting as the central broadcasting station for major philatelic events all across Europe and for important philatelic news concerning the 43 Member Federations.
On 13 September 2014, in its annual Congress in Lugano, FEPA Board unanimously approved the OC NOTOS 2015 application for FEPA patronage and for hosting in Athens the 2015 FEPA Congress. Alfred Kunz was appointed FEPA Consultant to the exhibition.
|FEPA Consultant to NOTOS 2015