1. In order to promote philatelic knowledge, the Hellenic Philatelic Society, following a decision of 15 February 1983, has established an annual award, in the memory of the founder of “Philotelia” journal, Stephanos Macrymichalos.
2. Each year’s award is presented to the author of the best original article which has been concluded during that year in “Philotelia”.
3. For the selection of the best article, voting takes place, where all Hellenic Philatelic Society members are eligible to participate.
4. The yearly proclamation of the award, the announcement of the nominated articles and the voting process are the responsibility of the journal’s Editorial Committee.
5. The presentation of the award takes place during the General Assembly of the Society.
6. The present regulations replace those of January 1985.